Monday, February 8, 2010

The Cupcake Experiment continues . . .

Yesterday, I tried Martha Stewart's Gingerbread cupcakes from her appropriately named Cupcakes cookbook.   I had an interesting thing happen with these cupcakes.  When I was removing the cupcakes from the muffin tin, the bottom of each cup was a small pool of what looked like butter.  The paper liners all felt greasy.  I've never had this happen before.  The cupcakes tasted good - my family loved them and they were almost gone by last night.  Per the recipe, I used room temperature butter, so I don't understand why the butter would melt - I guess one of life's little mysteries. 

Today I am going to make my Sour Rye bread.  I love that bread.  It is so good.  And I can guarantee it is better than Martha Stewart's rye - sorry Martha - you lose on this one!  And I do promise to try Julia Child's French Sandwich bread this week, so stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment