Monday, February 22, 2010

Low Salt Classic White bread - the result

Looks good, doesn't it!   First of all, using the unbleached flour did make the crust alot lighter.  I will have to try this on my other bread recipes to see if I get lighter crusts (I really must have been a mad scientist in my former life!).  More adventures!!!

I did notice the dough rose a lot faster and bigger.  I am sure this is due to the less salt.  I did watch the risings because some rising is good, but a whole lot of rising is not!

I did, impatiently, wait for the bread to cool before I had my first taste.  OH MY!  It is good.  I don't taste any salt (so there! salty customer!).  It has a nice crust and good crumb.  This is definitely a keeper. 

So if you want to get the same results, on the recipe change the salt to 10 grams and change the flour to unbleached all purpose flour.  Everything else stays the same.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment