Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

I am so in the Fall Spirit!!  I don't know where I got the idea for these, but aren't they just so cute!!


OK, I know it is not the greatest picture!!  I am not the world's best photographer.  Let's just say that Vogue Magazine is not knocking down my door begging me to be their next photographer!!

Back to the cookies  . . . this is just your basic sugar cookie recipe with orange colored sugar and mini chocolate chips.  How simple is this and they turn out so cute!  And if you don't have a pumpkin cookie cutter, you are in luck!  Almost every store in the whole nation has pumpkin cookie cutters in every shape, size and price!

Just in case you don't have a good sugar cookie recipe, here is the one I used today.  It is a crowd pleasure, well, it does please the "crowd" that lives in my home.

Sugar Cookies

2/3 cup shortening (I use Crisco Butter Flavor shortening)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp. milk
2 cups flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder

Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla; add egg –– beat until fluffy
Stir in milk. Sift in dry ingredients
Divide dough in half. Chill at least an hour. Roll on floured surface
Bake greased sheet 375 about 8 minutes
Cool a little before removing from pan. About 2 dozen depending on size of cutters.

I usually double this recipe.

I ice them with about a cup or two of powdered sugar and carefully add milk to get the consistency of icing that I want.  If I am really lazy that day (and it does happen), I will just open a can of store-bought icing.



No comments:

Post a Comment