Anyway, my husband mentioned that I hadn't made bread in awhile. So I took that as a "subtle hint" that he wanted some homemade bread. So I searched through my recipes and found this recipe for Soft White Bread. It makes the best french toast and grilled cheese sandwiches!!
Unfortunately, this is another recipe that uses weights as opposed to measures. You can find a nice scale at Walmart, Target or order one from Amazon (they have many to choose from - in all shapes and price ranges).
Soft White Bread
Butter: 118g (I used unsalted butter)
Eggs: 110g (about 2 large)
1. Using a dough hook, mix all of the ingredients on low speed for 3 minutes.
2. Scrape the bowl, mix on medium speed for 3 more minutes. The dough will not 'clean the bowl.
3. Place the dough in an oiled, covered bowl to rise for 45-60 minutes.
4. Stretch and fold, place back in the covered bowl to rise for 45-60 minutes.
5. Place dough on floured counter top. Divide into 3 balls. Shape and put into 3 greased loaf pans. .
6. Allow to rise covered for about 120 minutes. I put the loaf pans in a plastic bag and put them in my oven with the oven light on.
7. Bake at 350 in a standard oven for 35 minutes (loaves) or 15 minutes (rolls) or until the internal temperature is between 195-200 degrees F.
8. After bread has cooled to room temperature, store in a plastic bag.
This bread is so good with butter - YUM!!!