Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Breakfast Quiche

I've had this recipe for years.  Don't remember where I found this or who I got it from.  I know I had it way before I "discovered" the Internet - so you know its OLD!!!  LOL! 

It seems like a lot of work, but it really isn't.  Normally what I do is make the "crust" the night before and then do the "filling" the next morning.  See, isn't that easy!!  And it is so versatile.  I think you can pretty much use anything in this quiche - sausage, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, peppers, etc.  Just let your imagination run wild!!

Anyway . . . here is the main recipe . . .

Breakfast Quiche

24 oz. thawed hash brown potatoes (I found the shredded hash browns work best)
1/3 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t garlic powder
1 cup diced ham
1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar cheese)

Crust (I usually make this the night before)

Squeeze the excess moisture from the potatoes.
Mix the potatoes with the melted butter and press into a deep dish 10" pie pan.
Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.

Filling

Spread the ham and cheese evenly in the pie pan.
Mix the eggs, garlic powder, pepper and milk together.  Pour over the ham and cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

VERDICT:

This is a recipe I have made several times so I know it is good.  The mistake I made this time is that I grabbed the wrong type of hash browns - diced potatoes instead of shredded.  It still tasted good but it made it hard working with the crust.  Shredded is really the way to go! 

This would be PERFECT for a brunch.  I usually make this for our Easter breakfast.   I just thought it would be a nice change of pace for my husband to have instead of the usual breakfasts I have been making for him.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment