Thursday, September 25, 2014

Raisin-Oatmeal Pie

My husband absolutely loves oatmeal raisin cookies.  So when I found this recipe in my new cookbook, The Blue Ribbon Baking from a Redneck Kitchen I knew I had to make him this pie!

The best thing about this recipe it is so easy to make!!  You can whip this up in a matter of minutes.  One of the interesting things (at least to me) was that you make the crust right in the pie pan - no mess or fuss - how cool is that!!

Raisin-Oatmeal Pie by Francine Bryson

Ingredients

Crust

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 T milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Filling

3 large eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 T unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
1 T all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cup raisins

Preheat the oven to 325F
To make the crust, mix the flour and sugar in the pie pan.  Add the milk and oil.
Mix well with a fork.  Using your hands, press the dough out and up the sides of the pie pan.
To make the filling, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, sugar and butter - mix with a whisk.
Add the oats, cinnamon and raisins. 
Set the pie pan on a baking sheet and pour the filling into the pie crust.
The instructions say to bake for 45 to 50 minutes.  My pie wasn't completely done after 50 minutes, so I baked it an additional 10 minutes which seemed to work.
I wish you could smell how delicious my house smelled while this was baking - heavenly!!!

Verdict:

This sort of reminded me of a pecan pie - at least, the consistency did.  What did my oatmeal cookie loving husband think???  He LOVED it!!  We knocked this one out of the ball park!! Definitely a keeper recipe.  Yep, we are going to make this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment