Friday, August 19, 2016

My Mom's French Dressing Recipe


I was looking through my Mom's cookbook last night in search of her recipe for cole slaw dressing and found this recipe.  I don't remember her ever making it, but back then I wasn't a big salad fan - you know how kids are - if it is healthy, they don't want anything to do with it!

This is another easy recipe to make and you can "shake" this up in a matter of minutes.  And it shouldn't require a mad dash to the grocery store either!!

French Dressing by Betty Askew

1 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil (I used canola since that is what I had on hand)
3/4 cup catsup
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp grated onion

I add all the ingredients in a quart size mason jar, put on the lid and mixed.  I think putting the ingredients in a blender would have been a better idea then pour into a mason jar for storage.

ENJOY!!

Verdict:

Since I am the only one who eats salads on a regular basis, I must say this is pretty darn good!!  And, yes, I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment