Monday, October 24, 2016

Whole Wheat Noodles

I made whole wheat noodles and they turned out really good  Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures.  I will next time I make them.

I found the recipe in my book The Pasta Bible by Christian Teubner, Silvio Rizzi and Tan Lee Leng.  Now you know that any cookbook with the word "Bible" in the title, it has to be good!!  This is my "go to" book for any pasta recipe.  Any the recipe is pretty easy to make.

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 T olive oil
7/8 cup lukewarm water (I just filled it up for a slightly under a cup)

I added all the ingredients in my food processor and pulsed it until all the ingredients started coming together.
Then I turned out the ingredients onto a floured counter top and kneaded it for a few minutes.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rest for, at least, one hour.
Then cut off small sections and process through your pasta machine if you have one.

My family thought the noodles were very good, so I will probably makes these again!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment