Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake

For those of you who aren't braving the Malls today, here is a fun cake to make.  This is a recipe that I haven't made in years.  I don't know what made me think of it today, but fortunately, I had all the ingredients so I didn't have to make a mad dash to the store.

What makes this cake so fun is how it turns out - it is a pistachio cake with a chocolate center - how cool is that!!  AND it is so easy to make!  Only takes a few minutes to whip up - my favorite type of cake to make!

Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake


Isn't this a pretty looking cake!
Ingredients

1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
1 package Instant Pistachio Pudding
1 c water
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil (I used sunflower oil today because that is all I had)

Grease and flour a bundt pan
Blend all ingredients to moisten, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed with your electric mixer.

Isn't that pretty!!
Pour half of the batter into the floured bundt pan.

Add 3/4 cup Chocolate Syrup (I used Hershey's Chocolate Syrup - YUMMY!) to the remaining batter.  Mix well.
Pour the chocolate batter over the green batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes until you insert a toothpick and it comes out dry.  Remove from pan and cool.  Sprinkle cake with confectioner's sugar.

The outside of the cake will be pistachio with a chocolate center!  What a fun cake!  And it tastes so good!  The cake is nice and moist!  I bet this would be good with ice cream.  Oh come on, WHAT won't be good with ice cream!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment