Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Streusel Pumpkin Muffins - OH MY!!

Oh boy!  Did I ever stumble on a good recipe this time!  This is another recipe from the "famous"  Internet folder.  (For those of you who don't know about the "FAMOUS INTERNET FOLDER" - it is a folder of recipes that I have printed off the Internet over the last several years.  I have no idea where I found the recipes or why I printed them.  But every once in a while, I will get bored and search in the folder and find a fantastic recipe.   Of course, there have been some recipes that get thrown out and never heard from again!)

Back to today's recipe . . . oh my, this is definitely a keeper recipe - perfect for your Thanksgiving breakfast or brunch (for those of you that do "brunch.") 

Streusel Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:


Streusel Topping

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 C granulated sugar
3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Muffins

1/2 C (1 stick) butter, melted  (I used unsalted butter)
3/4 C pureed pumpkin (or squash, can use canned pumpkin but don’t use pie filling)
1/2 C yogurt or sour cream - I used sour cream because that is what I had on hand
2 large eggs
2 C all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp each ground ginger, ground allspice, ground cloves, ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400F and line muffin tin or grease well.
. For the streusel, combine all ingredients using your fingers until crumbly. Can also use a fork.

. For the muffins, stir together the butter, pumpkin, yogurt/sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl; in a large bowl, sift together remaining ingredients, then stir the medium bowl contents (liquids) into the large bowl.
(Isn't that such a pretty color!!).  Ok, back to the recipe!!  Scoop the dough into muffin tins/papers and top with the streusel topping.

. Bake for 16-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

. Cool on a rack.

Verdict

These are very moist.  I enjoyed them.  Haven't had the other "food critics" (my family) try them yet.  But, this is definitely a keeper recipe.

Enjoy!  And, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment