Monday, April 12, 2010

I am becoming a cookbook junkie!

My name is Diane E and I am a cookbook addict!  I wonder if there is such an organization as cookbook anonymous!  I am sure Amazon and Half.com just love me!!!  I have bought almost every cookbook imaginable!  Don't have a favorite one yet.  Now how's this for a Julie/Julia project - a cookbook called Pie.  Can you imagine making a pie a day - 2000 pounds later!!!  It has every possible pie recipe - fruit pies, cream pies, meat pies, etc.  I have a Cupcake cookbook by Martha Stewart - I must say this is my favorite cupcake cookbook.  I bought a muffin cookbook - which is OK - definitely not a keeper!

I guess my two favorite cookbooks are the cookbooks that I inherited from my Mom and my Mother-in-Law.  These books have a lot of wear and tear from many years of lovingly preparing meals and baked goods.  Looking through the cookbooks is like looking through an old picture album - brings back so many good memories.  The "special" recipes usually have some notation in the margins for suggestions on improving the recipe.  You can tell which ones are the "good" recipes because those pages are usually stained with food splatters.  My Mother-in-Law's Joy of Cooking was a wedding gift she received.  The poor book is now being held together by duck tape.  My husband told me he would buy me a new copy but it won't be the same.  I guess I could always start a copy for my someday daughter in law.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane. Thanks so much for becoming a follower of my blogs. Good luck to you in your entry for my cookbook, Sweet Kathleens. On my baking blog, I am hosting a giveaway for a beautiful vintage recipe box. If you haven't entered you might want to take a peek. Thanks so much.
    http://sweetkatskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete