Monday, December 20, 2010

Today's Adventure

Well, it's really not an "adventure".  I am just trying out a new recipe from Mark Sinclair.  He is one of my "bread" heroes.  I will not post the recipe here since he has it posted on his blog, http://thebackhomebakery.blogspot.com/2010/08/soft-white.html

I have made several of Mark's breads and have been very pleased with all of them.  My favorite is his Portugese Sweet Bread recipe.

This recipe is called Soft White Bread.  He says it is for people who don't like hard crusts, so this should be perfect for my husband.  Mark sells this particular loaf to restaurants for their grilled cheese sandwiches.  I started the dough this morning around 8:00.  You let it rise twice before you divide the dough and shape it for 3 loaf pans.  The bread goes through a third rising in the loaf pans for 2 hours.   I love the feel of the dough, very nice to handle.  It bakes in the oven for only 35 minutes.


The bread turned out very nice - soft crusts like Mark promised.  The crumb (or interior part of the bread) is very soft.  This bread reminds me a lot of the Portugese Sweet Bread.  This is definitely a keeper recipe!
For those interested, here is Mark Sinclair's website:

http://www.thebackhomebakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment