Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookie!

These cookies don't last very long in my house.  I got this recipe from my good friend, Old Camp Cook.  I usually have to make a batch of these cookies at least once a week.

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES

YIELD: approximately 4 dozen

INGREDIENTS:
½ pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened**
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins

1. Heat oven to 350F
2. Beat together the margarine and sugars until creamy
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well
5. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonsfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack

**I always use unsalted butter.  If you add the optional salt, I would definitely use unsalted butter!
 
NOTE:  my camera broke, so once I get some extra money, I plan to buy another digital camera so I can again start putting some pictures in my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment