Tuesday, May 29, 2012

White Barbeque Sauce

Doesn't this sound elegant!  Something you would find on a menu in one of those fancy restaurants where the waiters are dressed better than you are!

Well, yesterday was Memorial Day and I decided to have Barbeque Chicken for dinner.  One problem . . . I didn't have any barbeque sauce.  Hmmm . .. what's a person to do!  I really didn't feel like running to the store just to buy one bottle of barbeque sauce because I KNOW what will happen!!  I NEVER just buy the sauce - I always end up buying other items, too.  So, I went to my bookshelf and started combing through my cookbooks and came across this recipe in P. Allen Smith's Seasonal Recipes from the Garden.

AND I had all the ingredients!!   AND it was so easy to make!!  AND it was good!! (NOTE:  I highly recommend this book - he has some really great recipes in here - just my own personal opinion - not paid to say that - just like the book!).

White Barbeque Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise (he recommends Hellmann's - obviously I used Miracle Whip)
3 T distilled white vinegar
1 T freshly ground cracked black pepper (if you don't have it, I think regular pepper would do)

Mix together - that's it!  How much more easier can it get!

Fire up the grill.  Skin your chicken - I used chicken thighs.  Spread the sauce on the chicken and cook until ready.  Remove chicken from grill and spread remaining sauce on chicken.  Serve with some veggies - YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment