Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blueberry Pie

Today's adventure comes to us from the Tidy Mom's blog.  It is called Rustic Blueberry pie and I couldn't resist!!  Besides I have an extra pint of blueberries that I didn't know what to do with so I considered this a sign from the Baking Gods!!  First of all, it is super easy to make!! Takes less than 5 minutes to make (that is if you cheat like me and use store bought crusts).  True confession time - I guess it is time you all knew that I don't know how to make a good pie crust.  I know GASP!!!  How can this be???  Well, I never learned!!  That is next on my list, OK!!

Anyway, back to the recipe . . .

Ingredients for the pie (assuming you are using store bought crusts)


2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) - I am using fresh blueberries - 1 pint will do)
1/2 cup sugar
1-2 Tablespoons flour (depending how juicy they are)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Instructions for the Pie Filling

Combine berries, sugar, flour and lemon juice in large bowl.  Mix until the berries are evenly coated.




To make the pie:

Place the pie crust in a pie pan.
Add berries to pie crust.
Fold edges of crust over filling, creasing as needed.



Wet finger with a little water to seal creases in crust (this helps to keep them folded when baking).  I thought about maybe sprinkling the crust with cinnamon sugar, I might do that the next time - sounds good, doesn't it!!

Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbling.



I bet this would be good served with homemade vanilla ice cream - YUM!!  Now where did I put THAT ice cream maker???

VERDICT:

This is definitely a keeper recipe!  Both my husband and I loved the pie (it is really good with vanilla ice cream!!).  I will be making this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment