Saturday, July 28, 2012

Quick and Easy BUT Delicious French Toast

OH MY was this the best breakfast I have ever made.  Well, maybe not the BEST but pretty darn close!  And was it ever easy!!  If you are looking for a fast, but delicious breakfast, look no further!!  AND the best thing is that is not expensive and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand!!

This breakfast "adventure" comes to us from Zestuous.com.  I modified the recipe a bit.  In their recipe, they make their own blueberry sauce.  I cheated and used my own Blueberry Ginger Jam which worked out wonderfully.  In fact, I think you could substitute any jam for a different taste and it would be delicious! 

The only ingredient you need to buy is the King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.  I found these at our Kroger Store in the Baked Goods Section.  They weren't very expensive - I think I paid $3.89 for the package - you get 12 rolls.

Now onto the recipe . . .

Blueberry French Toast

1 jar your favorite Blueberry Jam or Preserves
6 King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
2 eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 T butter.

Place the blueberry jam in a disposable Wilton Decorating bag with a large decorating tip.  Set aside.

Crack the two eggs into a bowl and whip. 

Mix the sugar and cinnamon into another separate bowl.

With a knife, slice a small slit in the side of the roll and with your finger, widen the hole.

Dip the roll in the egg bowl and then dip the roll in the sugar.  Pipe the blueberry jam into the hole.  Repeat until all 6 rolls are done.

Place the butter into a baking pan and melt in a 400 degree oven.  Place the rolls on their side with the blueberry side facing up.

Bake uncovered in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Serve warm.

YUM, YUM, YUM!!

Need I say more!!  Next time, try a different jam or preserves - won't this be great with peach preserves (oh be still my beating heart!! - life just doesn't get any better than this, does it!!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment