Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cobbler

This "adventure" comes to us from my husband's cousin.  Doesn't this sound wonderful!!  Pumpkin cheesecake cobbler!!  OH MY!! Just the perfect autumn dessert!!  And it is so easy to make!! Here is the recipe:

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cobbler

20 oz pumpkin puree (not pie filling - be sure to check that you are getting puree)
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 package white cake mix (I used Pillsbury - use your favorite brand)
1/2 cup butter, melted but not hot
1 8 ox package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan



Mix together the cake mix, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice with 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs.  Spread on top of pumpkin mixture.


Mix in gently with a fok. 

Mix the softened cream cheese with powdered sugar and drop on top of the pumpkin mixture.



Mix melted butter with 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs and 1/3 cup brown sugar (and pecans if you want them).  Spread across top of pumpkin mixture. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

I make this without the pecans.  I think next time I will add the pecans, the crust is slightly crunchy but seems to be missing something.  So if you make this, do add the pecans.  The cake portion is very moist. My husband hasn't tried the cake yet, so I will update this with his opinion.  I thought it was pretty good.  I would probably make this again.
Your kitchen will smell wonderful!!  Happy Autumn!!  Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment