Monday, January 7, 2013

Blonde Brownies - YUMMY!!!

 
Posted by Picasa

On my GOSH, these have got to be the best brownies in the world!! Well, the best blonde brownies in the world. My Mom had a recipe for blonde brownies, but I always thought they were rather dry. This recipe is without a doubt, the best I have ever tasted - moist, rich . . . you have got to try these!!!


I found this recipe in Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Foolproof Recipes You Can Trust. I have never tried any of her recipes because I have always read mixed reviews on her stuff. I recently saw on Amazon her new cookbook (listed upon) as one of the top 10 cookbooks of 2012. Hmmmm - maybe there is more to her recipes than what the reviewers are saying. So off to my local library I went and borrowed the book. The very first page I opened to was the recipe for Chocolate Chunk Blondies. Do you think God was talking to me??? Perhaps!

Ingredients
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I omited this)
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
1 1/4 pound semisweet chocolate chunks (not CHIPS) - 2 bags

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 8 x 13 baking pan
Cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar on high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
With the mixer on low, add the vanilla, making sure to scrap the sides of the bowl.
Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well, again scrapping the sides of the bowl.
In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
With the mixer still running on low, slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
Remove the bowl from the mixer, fold in the chocolates and walnuts if you are adding them.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top
.Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpck comes out clean. Do not over bake!!!
Cool completely in pan and cut in to bars - YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment