Thursday, October 24, 2013

Crockpot Beer Brat Chili

OK, this is not the best picture of it but it was good!!  This was last night's dinner.  I found this recipe in the September/October issue of Taste of Home magazine.  With the temperatures starting to take a dip, this is perfect "chili" weather.

I did make a few changes to the recipe because I thought her recipe seemed too "dry."  I will mark my additions with **

Beer Brat Chili

1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 os) black beans, drained and rinsed ** (she didn't drain her)
1 can (15 oz) cannellini or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14 1/2 oz) italian diced tomatoes
1 can (10 oz), diced tomatoes with green chilies ** (I used mild chilies)
1 pkg (14 oz) fully cooked beer bratwurst links, sliced
1 can of tomato soup ** I added this because I thought the chili needed more "juice"
1 1/2 cup frozen corn
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup chili seasoning ** I didn't have chili seasoning, so I added 3 tsp chili powder
1 garlic clove, minced

In a 5 quart crockpot, combined all the ingredients.  Cook, covered on low for 5 to 6 hours.

I served the chili over homemade noodles and sprinkled shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top.  My husband loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment