Friday, April 25, 2014

Goat Cheese and Asparagus Pizza Revisited!

FINALLY, Spring has come back -YEAH!!  And last night I went out and picked my first harvest of fresh asparagus from my garden.

It wasn't a lot but enough to make my goat cheese and asparagus pizza again.  And won't you know it . . . I just a fresh batch of goat cheese yesterday!!

You can use your favorite pizza dough recipe or my personal favorite . . .
Garlic Pizza Dough

Though I omitted the garlic in the dough for this pizza.  Normally I make my own pizza sauce but it was late, so I opened up a jar of marinara sauce (I know . . . I cheated!!).

I cut the asparagus into 1 inches pieces and steamed them for about 5 to 10 minutes so they would be tender.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and I placed a baking stone in the middle rack.

I rolled out the dough onto a floured pizza board.  Spread the sauce and sprinkle the goat cheese over the sauce.  Add the asparagus.  I chopped up some ham but you can use whatever other topping you want.

Doesn't that look pretty!!

Bake for 20 minutes.

It was gone in 15 minutes!!!

So easy to make.  The hardest part is the dough and that only takes 10 minutes.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment