Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Grilled Eggplant Steaks

Unforutnately, I didn't get pictures of this.    The next time I make this, I will.  I found this recipe in the book Forks Over Knives  by Del Sroufe (a cookbook I borrowed from the library).  My husband was saying that we needed more vegetables in our meals, so I thought I would look into a couple of the more popular vegeterian cookbooks (and if I found a couple I liked, they would definitely end up on my bookshelf).

This is another one of those really easy meals to make.  Again, the hardest part is slicing and peeling the eggplant.  The recipe calls for a large eggplant, of course I couldn't find, so I just substituted two medium sized ones instead.

Grilled Eggplant Steaks by Del Sroufe

Ingredients

3 T balsamic vinegar
2 T lemon juice
2 T soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 large eggplant (or 2 medium)

Heat up the grill
Mix together the vinegar, lemon juice and soy sauce (adding a touch of salt and pepper).
Slice and peel the eggplant.
Brush each side of the eggplant several times with the marinade
Place the eggplant on a hot grill and cook on each side for about 5 minutes while brushing with the marinade.

Verdict

I wasn't sure how this would taste as I thought the eggplant would be very bland.  OMG this was really good.  My husband LOVED it!  I served this with a small salad.  Perfect for a low cost meal that was easy to make.  Yes, I see this on our plates again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment