Friday, December 23, 2016

Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast


Not exactly sure how I found this recipe, but somehow I ended up on The Country Cook's blog.  And she had this recipe posted that sounded so good that I had to make a mad dash to the grocery store!!  I did eliminate the 8 Peperoncini peppers, because I am not big on hot peppers.  My husband is, but my son and I aren't - so the "popular vote" won!  LOL!!

This is one of those  super easy meals to make that takes about a minute or two to make!  I LOVE THESE RECIPES!!!!

Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast by The Country Cook

Ingredients:

(1) 3-5 lb. chuck roast
salt & pepper, to taste
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) – REAL salted butter *
 8 Peperoncini peppers **
* I only had unsalted butter, don't see that made any difference
**I omitted - see note above.



Directions:

You can brown the roast if you want by placing it in a skilled with olive oil and brown each side . I didn't - it is your choice.

Put the roast in the crockpot.  Pour the dry onion soup mix and dry ranch dressing mix over the top of the roast.  Place the stick of butter on top of the roast.


Put the cover on top of the crockpot and turn the crockpot onto low.

Let "cook" for 8 hours.

This is another one of those meals that makes your house smell wonderfully. 

Enjoy!!!

Comments:

The roast is so tender!!  This was a HUGE hit with my resident experts!!  I served this with mash potatoes.  We have another winner on my hands!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment