Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Grandmother's Seafoam Salad Recipe

This is sort of a family tradition.  My Mom used to make this every Easter.  And now I do also.  It is such a simple recipe and you can whip it up in minutes.  I just made it this morning and will post a picture later on this afternoon.

Seafoam Salad by Beth Tewes (my grandmother)

1 large can Pears
1 small package Lime jello
1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
1 8oz. package Cream Cheese

Drain juice from pears, reserving 1 cup of pear juice.
Whip whipping cream
Mash pears
Bring pear juice to boil and add lime jello
In a separate bowl, add the jello mixture to the cream cheese and whip
Add the mashed pears
Fold in the whipping cream
Chill until jellied.

See, isn't that easy!  I guess you can change the recipe and use peaches and peach jello for a different taste - it could be very versatile.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Shouldn't the Bring the pear juice to a boil read " and add lime jello " ? There is no mention of lime juice in the ingredients area. Please clarify. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that should read lime jello - my mistake, I will fix that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm amazed at how many of these recipes for seafoam salad on the web use the evil cool whip (aka trans-fat in a tub) rather than good old whipped cream. This one sounds so much better. I'm adding chopped pecans, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoyed the recipe! It has always been a family favorite!

      Delete