Friday, December 6, 2013

Challah Bread

Yesterday I made my sister-in-law a loaf of Challah Bread.  She loves that and she hasn't been feeling very well lately.  So I thought she would enjoy a loaf of homemade bread.

I found this recipe in Peter Reinhart's Crust and Crumb cookbook.  This recipe is worth the price of the book!!  It makes an EXCELLENT loaf of bread and I just love the feel of the dough.  You just know it is going to be good!!  Though I do make two minor modifications to his recipe.  First, I do not brush the loaf with egg yolk.  I found that burnt the top of the loaf.  Secondly, I only bake the loaf for 30 to 35 minutes instead of 45 minutes.

If you don't want to buy the book, borrow it from the library and make a copy of the recipe - you won't regret it - it is that good!!

This bread is also great for french toast!  Think I might make a loaf for us this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment