Friday, January 22, 2016

The BEST Hoosier Cream Pie EVER!!!

 For some reason, the other day a good friend I have been chatting on the Internet with for ages, were talking about Sugar Cream pies.  I have no idea how the topic came up, but it did.  He is the person solely responsible for getting me starting in the bread baking insanity (LOL!!).  Anyway, he shared this recipe with me that his wife found on the Internet.  And life in my house has never been the same!!

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the final product because the pie didn't last long (it was THAT good!!).  OH MY!!! it was THAT good!!  And it is so very easy to make - you can whip this baby up in a matter of minutes. The next time I make this (which will probably be next week), I will post a picture of the finished product.

Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie

Ingredients:

3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
1 t vanilla extract
3 T unsalted butter
Ground nutmeg for dusting top of pie
1 egg, beaten
1 single pie crust (unbaked)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Combine all the ingredients, except for the butter, nutmeg and the egg, in a mixing bowl using a whisk.  DO NOT OVER MIX as this could make the filling not set.  Just mix enough to combine the ingredients - maybe 30 seconds or up to a minute at most!

Pour into the pie crust.

Dot the top of the pie with the butter and sprinkle the top evenly with the nutmeg.

Brush the edge of the crust with the beaten egg.

Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 375 and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

Cool on a rack, then refrigerate and serve cold.

Enjoy!!

Comments:

This was a HUGE hit!!  Both of my resident experts (aka, my husband and son) LOVED it.  Yes, this is definitely a keeper!!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment