Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Frank and Bean Sandwich

It was one of "those" evenings where I had no clue what to make for dinner.  I stared at contents in my refrigerator for several minutes and had no inspiration for dinner.  Carryout had no appeal either.  I had a hungry family to feed and dinner time was fastly approaching.   So I turned to my "library" (as my husband calls it) of cookbooks.  I was sure I could find SOMETHING worth making.

And there, buried way back in the corner was the Campbell Soup "Cooking with Soup" cookbook.  As if ordained by the Cooking Angels, I opened up the cookbook to the page with this recipe.  Lo and behold, I had all the ingredients!!  It was a miracle!!  Once again my family would not go hungry!!

This is a real easy meal to make.  It takes about 10 minutes total to prepare this.

Frank and Bean Sandwich by Campbell Soup

Ingredients:

6 frankfurters (I used bun length hot dogs)
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 T butter
1 can (11 1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup**
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 sweet pickle relish
6 hot dog buns

Directions:

In a skillet, melt the butter and brown the frankfurters and onions.


In a separate bowl, mix together the soup, water, ketchup and pickle relish.



Pour the soup mixture over the frankfurters in the skillet and let simmer for several minutes.


Serve the frankfurters on the hot dog buns and spoon the bean sauce over the sandwich.



**I would think that you could easily substitute baked beans for the bean and bacon soup.

Entire Recipe:

Ingredients:

6 frankfurters
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 T butter
1 can (11 1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 sweet pickle relish
6 hot dog buns

Directions:

In a skillet, melt the butter and brown the frankfurters and onions.

In a separate bowl, mix together the soup, water, ketchup and pickle relish.

Pour the soup mixture over the frankfurters in the skillet and let simmer for several minutes.

Serve the frankfurters on the hot dog buns and spoon the bean sauce over the sandwich.

ENJOY!

Verdict:

My resident experts (aka husband and son) loved it.  I am not a big fan of hot dogs and beans.  I thought it was OK.  Will I make it again - yes because "the experts" loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment