Monday, March 30, 2020

Homemade Yogurt in an Instant Pot

Instant Pots are the latest rage and, in my opinion, the best thing that has come on the market in a long time.  I use mine almost everyday.


Since Ohio Governor DeWine has issued a "Stay at Home" order, I am trying to make as much of my needs as possible.  I love yogurt and eat it several times a day.  So my Instant Pot has become a blessing! 

It is so easy to make yogurt in an Instant Pot, though it won't work if you have an Instant Pot Lux (sorry), you must have a "Yogurt" setting.

I use a half gallon of milk.  I have tried it with both whole and low fat.  And for my yogurt culture, I have used Chobani, Dannon and Stonefield yogurt, either plain or vanilla works.  Just make sure the ingredients say "active cultures."

Pour your milk into the Instant Pot container, secure the lid and press the yogurt button until it reads "boil."  It will beep after about 5 minutes and will display "yogt."  Remove the container (WARNING!! this will be hot!!).  I let this sit for about 15 to 30 minutes to cool the milk down to 110.  Add 2 T of yogurt culture, stir to completely incorporate, put the container back into your Instant Pot.  Press the Yogurt button on your Instant Pot twice so it says "normal" and let it do its thing for 8 hours.

I usually remove this and set the container in my refrigerator overnight - Viola!! you have yogurt.  You can strain this if you want a thicker, greek type yogurt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment