Monday, March 15, 2010

A new adventure!

Last week I made homemade mozzeralla using store bought milk.  (I raise dairy goats and normally would use their milk BUT I have 7 baby goats that need the milk more.)  Just in case anyone wants to give the mozzeralla cheese a try, the recipe can be found in Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll.  The recipe is called 30 Minute Mozzeralla.  I digress . . . The cheese makes almost a gallon of whey.  I've heard that whey is wonderful to use in cooking and baking.  SO I decided to give it a try in Bob's Basic Sourdough bread.  I replaced the 1 1/2 cups of water with the whey.  The whey was heated to 100 degrees.  Other than the whey, I followed the recipe exactly.  I am curious to see if there are any noticeable differences in the bread - texture, taste, etc.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment