Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Morning Coffee Cake

Doesn't that look good!!  It was!!  My family loved it!!  Once again, I stumbled upon this recipe surfing the 'net.  I think I found this on Facebook.  Anyway, the title of the recipe caught my eye "Cinnamon Flop Bread."  You have to admit that is an interesting title for a recipe and you know I had to give it a try!!

Reading through the ingredients, I saw it required no quick run to the grocery - WHEW!!  So a new adventure was born.  Word of warning . . . this will make your kitchen smell wonderful!!  The recipe comes from the website "A Farmish Kind of Life."  I did improvise by putting the icing on top of the cakes.

Cinnamon Flop Bread by A Farmish Kind of Life

Ingredients:

1 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp melted butter (I used unsalted)
1 cup milk
brown sugar, cinnamon and butter for topping

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Sift the sugar, flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
Add melted butter and milk. Mix together until well blended.
Divide mixture between two 9″ well greased cake pans.
The batter will be thick and when you spread it out, it looks very thin in the two cake pans - that is OK.
Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar, then the cinnamon.  Using about a half stick of butter, slice into small pieces and push the pieces of butter into the dough.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve warm.

(Note:  I mixed 1/2 cup of powdered sugar with  1 1/2 T of milk and drizzled that over the warm cakes - this is optional).

You can remove the cakes from the pan or leave them in the pan - your choice.

Enjoy!!! 

Comments:

My family loved it!!  One of the cakes was gone after breakfast!  I have no idea why it is call "flop" bread because it is definitely not a flop!!  Another keeper recipe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment