Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Impromptu Dinner - Eggplant Mini Pizzas

I had planned on making Eggplant Parmesan for dinner but the eggplants I bought from Krogers were . . . . hmmm, let's just say not that good (sort of brown in the middle - UGH!!).  I was able to salvage several slices but not enough to make the meal I had planned.  So off I ran to the Internet - what can you do with only a few slices of eggplant???  And the Internet Gods responded . . . Eggplant Mini Pizzas!!  And dinner was once again saved!

I found this recipe on the"Eat Good 4 Life" website.  Even though, I didn't have all their ingredients except the eggplant, I used their recipe as a guide.

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425. 

Slice the eggplants into 1/2 inch slices and arrange on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle with Sea Salt.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Now use your imagination.  I spread each slice with tomato sauce, sprinkle each slice with chopped basil, added sliced mushrooms and topped with shredded mozzarella cheese (because this is all I had on hand) - the recipe called for pasta sauce, Provolone cheese, fresh spinach leaves and slice cherry tomatoes.

Turn on the broiler on your oven.  Broil for only a few minutes as these can burn FAST!!

ENJOY!!

Comments:

Much to my surprise, these were pretty darn good!!  My husband loved them.  So I think this will be a keeper recipe just as I made them.   


No comments:

Post a Comment