Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Wake Up Call!

No, this wasn't ONE of THOSE calls in the middle of the night.  This was one of THOSE "calls"  from your doctor about the latest results of your blood tests.  I have known for the last year and a half that I have chronic kidney disease very early stage 2.  And supposedly, I am on medication that will, hopefully, slow down the progression of the disease.

The last blood tests results showed those numbers were slightly elevated.  The doctor didn't seem too concerned about those.  The other blood test, showed that I am "prediabetic" - in other words, at a very high risk of developing diabetes.  Hmm, hadn't planned on that!!

She, the doctor, assured me that we shouldn't jump the gun just yet.  Hopefully, with a few lifestyle changes, we can stop this.  I must try to eliminate as much sugar from my diet as possible and, she suggested, that I should try to lose some weight, 5 to 10 pounds.

So from now on, look to see more "healthier" recipes on the blog.  I have thought about writing about my journey.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment