Thursday, October 20, 2016

Kielbasa with Sauerkraut

Not the best picture of this, but it was good and super easy to make!!!  The hardest part was cutting the kielbasa into 1/2 inches slices and chopping the onions (well, maybe opening the can of sauerkraut!).  Get out your trusty crock pot and dust it off!

Kielbasa with Sauerkraut

Ingredients:

1 32 oz. can of Sauerkraut
1 lb kielbasa (I used turkey kielbasa because I am not supposed to eat beef)
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
1 apple (optional, peeled and chopped)

Instructions:

The instructions say to drain and rinse the sauerkraut, which I did, but I think that made it very dry.  I think next time I won't drain the sauerkraut - your choice.

Add the sauerkraut, chopped onions, kielbasa and apples (if you are using them), and set the crock pot temperature to LOW.  Cook for 6 hours - occasionally open up and stir the mixture.

I served this with mashed potatoes.

My family loved it!  And so did I - it was quick and easy - couldn't ask for more!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment