Monday, July 24, 2017

My Mother-In-Law's French Dressing Recipe

A couple of days ago I was searching one of my cookbooks for some recipe and this typed index card fell out.  It was my Mother-In-Law's recipe for French Dressing.  I have already tried my Mother's recipe, so I thought I would give my Mother-In-Law's a try.

A word of warning . . . this makes a lot of french dressing!!!  I cut the original recipe in half and it made almost a half gallon of french dressing!

It is a very simple recipe to make and you can whip this up in about 5 minutes or less.  And you probably don't have to make a mad dash to the grocery store either.

The ingredients below are for half of the original recipe:

Doris Emmich's French Dressing Recipe

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups catsup
2 cups salad oil (I used canola oil)
2 cups white sugar
1 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 T garlic powder
1 1/2 T onion salt

Using a blender, mix all ingredients and blend at high speed for about 5 minutes.
Refrigerate.

ENJOY!

Verdict:

Since I am the only one that eats salads in my family, I didn't bother the two resident experts.  This tastes like the french dressing you get in the store without all the additives and preservatives.  Which dressing did I like better, my Mom's or my Mother-in-Law's.  I really can't say.    They both are similar, but I think my mother's is a tad bit sweeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment