Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Portuguese Sweet Bread

Today I am trying a new recipe I got from Mark Sinclair (Back Home Bakery in Montana). I promised Mark that I would not share the recipe. I made the sponge last night and will be adding it to the other ingredients in about an hour or two. The sponge has to proof for 12 to 16 hours. I checked on it the first thing this morning and it is rising beautifully - so far, so good!

I also got another recipe from Mark - Sour Rye Bread. The recipe calls for Dark Rye flour. So I will have to check a few of my sources on the Internet to see if they carry Dark Rye. Most of the retail stores here carry "Medium" Rye flour. I am sure that would be OK, but the Dark Rye has a stronger flavor. I have started working on a Rye Sourdough Starter, which should be ready to use next week. Again, I promised Mark I won't share this recipe, but if you would like a loaf of either of these breads, just give me a holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment