Thursday, October 29, 2009

No-Knead Sourdough Bread

I found this recipe on the website www.Breadtopia.com. Eric has a wonderful video on making this bread. I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. I made the sponge yesterday afternoon and have let it proof over night. Since the house is cool, I let it proof in my oven with the oven light on. It is an extremely wet dough, so you need a lot of flour to work with this. Right now the dough is doing it's last 1 1/2 hour rise. So we will see what happens. I am not used to working with such wet dough. Eric does have a lot of neat variations that I am anxious to try, so I am hoping this works out. Of course, I can use those variations in my other bread recipes.

On another note, I made the Portuguese Sweet Bread again this week. Instead of dividing the dough into 3 loaves, I made only 2. The dough almost spilled over the sides of the bread pan and made really HUGE loaves of bread (great for sandwiches!). I think next time, I will go back to 3 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment