Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Recipe - Walnut Bread

I am trying a new recipe today, Walnut Bread. This is a recipe I got from Mark Sinclair, Back Home Bakery in Montana. If interested, you can get this recipe also. Mark has produced two separate DVD's on baking bread - excellent videos! And he includes 3 different recipes. Today I am trying his Walnut Bread recipe.

You have to make a sponge and a "soaker" the night before. The sponge is basically all-purpose flour, yeast and salt mixed with water. I usually let the sponge set over night to be used in the morning. The "soaker" is some grains soaked in boiling water. In this recipe, it is rolled oats and cornmeal.

If this bread is anything like the other breads I have tried, it should be good!

To order the DVDs, do a search of Back Home Bakery in Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment