Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hamburger Buns Revisited

I am making a recipe tonight for dinner from the Campbell's Soup Cookbook.  The recipe is called Pizzaburgers and I needed hamburger buns.  So this was the PERFECT opportunity to try the Hamburger Bun recipe again with a few modifications.  I was VERY pleased with the results.

Here is the original recipe:
Homemade Hamburger Buns

I followed the basic recipe, BUT after shaping the dough into 8 balls, I only let them rise for an hour instead of two hours.  The buns turned out a PERFECT size.

Secondly, I didn't brush them with the egg white and water.  That seemed to smush (is there such a word??) the tops down.

Thirdly, I didn't steam the rolls.  So these should be nice and soft.

Overall, I am extremely pleased how the rolls turned out!!  I am definitely going to make these again with these modifications!!

No comments:

Post a Comment