Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin Bread by Peter Reinhart

It is snowing here in Cincinnati and it is supposed to snow all day. Good day for baking. I got out my Peter Reinhart's book "The Bread Baker's Apprentice". What a neat book! I am planning on trying a lot of the recipes in his book. Anyway, the Cinnamon Raisin bread caught my eye. You can make it with walnuts, but my husband doesn't like nuts in his bread.

The bread is now "fermenting" for 2 hours. I didn't do the swirl, just added the cinnamon, sugar and raisins in the initial mixing. Well, you add the raisins in the last two minutes of kneading - this way they don't get crushed or mashed.

I am anxious to give this a try. My family does like his Cinnamon Roll recipe better than the Sourdough recipe I got from Bob Packer.

No comments:

Post a Comment