Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whole Wheat Bread

If you don't own a copy of the "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" book by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Fancois, you should order a copy from Amazon. Great book! I have made several of the recipes in the book and can't complain about any of them. Much to my surprise, my son (the McDonald's Addict), loves the herb bread!

Basically, you make up the dough the day before, let it rise and store it in the refrigerator in a huge container. The next day, take out a "grapefruit size" of dough and bake it (this is a very simplified version). You do need a few pieces of equipment like a pizza peel and baking stone (you can easily find these on eBay).

I made the Whole Wheat version today and am quite pleased with the results. Most of the whole wheat bread I have baked make really good doorstops or hockey pucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment