Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MY Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

If you will remember last week, we "accepted" the challenge from Alice Currah in her book Savory Sweet Life with her recipe titled "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever."   I am sure there are a million and a half Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes residing on the Internet and each one better than the last. 

There are 3 things that my husband loves (besides me!) . . . Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup and my Chocolate Chip Cookies!  I normally don't give out my Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but since Alice offered up the "CHALLENGE",  I think I have to.

For variations, sometimes I will use M & M's or Butterscotch Chips in place of the Chocolate Chips in the recipes.  The M & M's make the cookies look more festive and the Butterscotch Chips give the cookies a whole new taste!  Haven't tried the Reese Peanut Butter Chips yet - now that would be interesting!!

Anyway, here is my recipe . . .

Diane's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Shortening
2 Large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups Chocolate Chips (see note above about substitutions)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350

Cream sugars together with shortening.
Add vanilla and eggs one at a time and mix to blend
Add dry ingredients and mix
Add chocolate chips

I used a soup spoon, rolled the dough into small balls and placed them onto the cookie sheet (dough will be sticky).   You don't have to do that.  You can just drop them onto the cookie sheet - it is your choice. 

Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.

Cool on rack.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment