Monday, November 11, 2013

Apple Crisp

I have no idea where I found this recipe.  I am guessing somewhere on one of my vast searches on the Internet.  If I find the source, I will give them due credit.  All I can tell you is that my house smells WONDERFUL!!!  So if this tastes as good as it smells, it is definitely a keeper recipe!!  And it is so easy to make.  The hardest part is peeling and chopping the apples - any one can do that - right!!

Apple Crisp

Ingredients

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats (I used Quaker's Old Fashioned Oats - not the Instant or Quick oats)
1 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter - melted (1 stick butter  I used unsalted)
3 cups apples - peeled , cored and chopped
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan.
In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oats, flour and melted butter.  It should be very crumbly.
Place half of the crumb mixture in the greased pan.
Spread the apples (that have been peeled and chopped) evenly over the crumb mixture.  Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the apples.

Top with remaining crumb mix.  Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.

I bet this would be excellent with ice cream!!  

Now the hard part, waiting for my husband to come home to test taste it!!  If it tastes as good as it smells, it should be delicious!!

VERDICT:

Oh yes, this is a winner!!  I am definitely going to make this again.  My husband loved it (and so did I).  And it was really good with ice cream (or just plain!).

No comments:

Post a Comment