Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fried Cabbage with Sausage - Quick and Easy Dinner

I have no idea where I found this recipe.  It was in my "magic" Internet folder - I am sure you all have those folders where you print off recipes you see on the Internet that you plan to make some day and someday you do and someday you don't - HA HA!  So if I remember WHERE I found this, I will give the appropriate person or website due credit.

Anyway, if you are looking for a quick and easy dinner, here it is.  This has become my 'go to" meal for those last minute dinners.  It is easy and tastes oh-so good! And my family loves it!!  As always, I made a few changes and they will be noted with **

Fried Cabbage with Sausage

Ingredients
1 small cabbage, chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 stick butter or margarine
1 lb smoked sausage ** (once I substituted polish kielbasa and I think I liked that better than the smoked sausage) - sliced in 1 inch pieces
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes ** I add 2 cans of diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a large skillet.  Add cabbage and onion.  Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking to the pan.
Add the remaining ingredients (tomatoes and sausage).
Stir to combine.  Cover the pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is so good - my husband usually goes back for seconds and thirds!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment