Monday, January 13, 2014

Jarlsberg Filled Peppers or Jarlsbergfylt paprika


Tonight's dinner comes from Norway - well, not really, but I found the recipe in the cookbook Authentic Norwegian Cooking by Astrid Karlsen Scott.

Oh my!!  What a great recipe and so easy to make, takes only minutes.  Yes, you will probably have to run to the grocery store to get the peppers and the Jarlsberg Swiss Cheese, but this recipe is worth it!  This is definitely a keeper recipe.  I did make a few modifications to the recipe and I will note them with **

Ingredients

3 large peppers, red or green (I choose the red because the looked pretty!)
juice of 1 lemon ** (I didn't have a lemon, so I used 1 to 2 T of lemon juice)
coarse salt (like sea salt)
2/3 cup French Bread crumbs ** (I used the bread crumbs you buy in the store)
1 pound ground beef
1 1/4 cup Jarlsberg Swiss, diced
3 1/2 T butter
1/2 t Tabasco sauce
Garlic salt ** (I didn't have any Garlic salt so I used Garlic powder)
pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350.
Cut the peppers in half, removing the stems and seeds.  
Sprinkle the coarse salt on a baking pan.
Combine the ground beef, tabasco sauce, garlic salt (or powder), lemon juice, bread crumbs and half of the jarlsberg cheese.

Pack each pepper with the meat mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
Melt the butter, add the garlic salt (or powder) and brush over the tops of the peppers.

Place each pepper on top of the coarse salt on the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.


YUM!!!  

This was a winner with my husband!  I am definitely going to be making this again.  So if you are looking for a quick and easy AND delicious dinner - here you go!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment