Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Mother-in-Law's Stuffed Tomato Recipe

This is THE BEST stuffed tomato recipe you will ever find.  And I am the only one she gave it to.  No one else in my family has it and I am sharing it with you.  And it is SO easy!!!

Ingredients

4 medium to large tomatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pkg frozen spinach - thawed and drained
1/4 cup Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Butter
Garlic salt
Sharp Cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 350.

Slice the tops off the tomatoes
Remove the centers and sprinkle with Garlic salt
Mixed the 1/2 cup of sour cream with the drained spinach and stuff the cavity of each tomato.

Mix the 1/4 cup cornbread with the 1/4 cup brown sugar and sprinkle over the tomatoes.

Put a small pat of butter on top of each tomato and sprinkle the sharp cheddar cheese on top.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

 Let me know what you think!  This is my husband's favorite!

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment